Friday, December 09, 2005

Philim style - Mistaken Identity

Scene: Elevator of a 12 storeyed office complex
Time : 8.12 PM

I was waiting at the 10th floor lobby to get home after work. The elevator door opens and in it are 7 tired men with saggy posture and an empty glance. I get in and join the crowd for a downward journey. The elevator again stops at the 8th floor and when the door opens, there are 8 tired people(including me) with a saggy posture and one just about to enter. Till then it was so eventless. The guy comes in, the door closes. Now there are 9 people inside.

12th floor Man:'HIIIIII' (quite excited)

(Exclaimed the man who was already inside, looking at the man who just entered.
Seven others, glance at the man who said 'Hi' and turned to the second man to see his response.)

8th floor Guy: Bewildered look…quite lost…could not re-collect or associate the face

(Then the conversation continued in Malayalam. Thanks to movies, Kiran TV and my friend Ranj, I understood every bit of it. Translating the same in Minglish)

12th floor man: (Chammi poyee) I've seen you somewhere...Are you from CT?

(I wipe the grin off my face, and stand between them...Of course hearing)

8th floor guy: (grins) Adhu, enda twin. My twin brother studied in CT (grins)

12th floor man: Quite lost..doesn't believe.. 'Ninde paer endhaa?'

The rest seven in the elevator, straighten up...they all have a twinkle in their eyes, some smiling, some widely grinning.. Mez, looking down and grinning, thinking of Engal Veetu Pillai movie..

8th floor guy: Enda paer Anoop, and, my brother is Swanoop. 2004 pass out

12 floor man: You look so much like him :-) Was he in the hostel? nyaan 2002 pass out.

By now, we had reached the ground floor...12th floor man and 8th floor guy walk out chatting and the remaining seven, walked out quite briskly... This conversation had definitely enlightened us...I was thinking of all the movies - Engal veetu pillai, Naalai Namadhe, Moondru mugam, apoorva sagodharargal...

I was also thinking, the brothers could probably switch their workplace if they are bored, their wives would get confused...filmi style imaginations followed..

PS: It was a very ordinary event of mistaken identity. But for the 'twin' story, the conversation wouldn't have been worth mentioning. The existence of 'twin' cheered everybody! I am curious to see if they are look alike.

2 comments:

Vishnu said...

lolz...btw hopped from balaji...

Cheers!
:)

Yadhvi said...

Hey Vishnu, Welcome :-)
btw, when I saw a new name, was wondering if it was the 8th floor guy or the 12th floor man!! Nallavelai thappichen.